General Terms and Conditions
Once you Apply to live with us you are accepting the following Terms and Conditions.
- If you cancel your Application once made, your deposit will not be refunded.
- An Application is only considered for a room once completed in full, that is, with a full Application form and a security deposit of €400.
- Shanowen Square Management reserves the right to refuse accommodation.
- Accommodation will be offered on a “first come, first served” basis.
- At Shanowen Square will try to fulfil additional requests such as “rooming together” requests but this may not always be possible.
- Shanowen Square can only facilitate stays for the full academic year.
- If you decide to vacate your room early no refund of rent already paid will be given. The term on your license will stand.
- The License to Reside clearly outlines all other terms and conditions, rules and regulations, fees and conditions of your License with Shanowen Square and for this reason we strongly recommend you click here to view a copy of a standard License to Reside now.
License to Reside
- Each Resident(Licensee) must have a signed License to Reside.
- Our License to Reside is the formal legal agreement between you, the licensee and the owner of the complex. The License is also signed by a guarantor, ordinarily a parent or guardian or another nominated individual. Two copies of this License will be issued to you via post or email prior to your arrival at Shanowen Square.
- You are asked to keep one for your own reference and to return one to Shanowen Square signed by both yourself and your Guarantor. You must familiarise yourself with the Terms and Conditions of the license.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions of the license agreement may result in a fine or eviction or both.
- If you cancel your booking at any time your deposit or any part thereof will not be refunded.
- If you cancel your room at any time once your License fee has been paid, all monies will be forfeited.
Terms and Conditions for Website Usage
The term ‘Shanowen Square’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is at Shanowen Road, Santry, Dublin 9. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Shanowen Square may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/03/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable for repeat requests.. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Shanowen Square Management, Shanowen Road, Santry, Dublin 9.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.